21/22 Meeting the OFSTED requirements and developing reading strategies for EAL learners at KS2 (Delivery Partner: T&W Multicultural Development Team)Book Now
|Start Date and Time||Wednesday 8 June 3:45 pm|
|End Date and Time||Wednesday 8 June 6:00 pm|
|Subscriber Credit Cost|
|PAYG Credit Cost|
The default delivery will remain as remote delivery via Microsoft Teams administered by CPD@UCS. This is reflected in the content/ timings as stated. Should Government policy/University of Chester policy change we will revert to â€˜face2faceâ€™ delivery if/ when appropriate.
Reading is a key focus and it is the area where EAL learners typically make slowest progress at KS2, and where the attainment gap is greatest.
This course will:
- explore the potential barriers to successful reading for EAL learners
- provide clear guidance on expectations of progress and identification of whole class / intervention strategies which can enable children to access reading and meet age appropriate expectations; these approaches are equally relevant to monolingual pupils who struggle with reading comprehension
To book a place, please email email@example.com and include course title, date and time.
T&W will invoice schools direct, however, should you wish to use credits, please contact CPD@UCS administration on 01743 297168 and we will make the booking on your behalf (credit cost 2.5)
Delegates will explore:
- the process of childrenâ€™s additional language development when they are in the early stages of developing English competency
- barriers to becoming a successful reader
- strategies to develop reading fluency
- using reading to broaden and deepen vocabulary
- effective differentiation for whole-class texts
- group reading strategies that work well for EAL learners, with a focus on reciprocal reading
- supporting EAL childrenâ€™s independent reading