22/23 Newly Appointed Designated Safeguarding Lead Training over 2 days including 4.10.22 and 19.10.22
|Start Date and Time||Wednesday 19 October 9:30 am|
|End Date and Time||Wednesday 19 October 2:30 pm|
|Subscriber Credit Cost||.00|
|PAYG Credit Cost||.00|
This training course is suitable for those wanting the role of *Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL). (*Please note that the DSL must be in a senior management position).
The course is split into two days with the aim to cover the following areas:
- issues related to compromised parenting and the impact on children and young people
- knowledge of what constitutes harm
- knowledge of SSCP priorities e.g child exploitation, neglect, exploitation and local procedures
- issues associated with apps, internet sites and online gaming
- learning from serious case review
- the concept of disguised compliance, professional curiosity and authoritative practice
- thresholds and referral processes
- guidance and requirements for schools to ensure compliance
- role of DSL and DDSL
Both days must be attended to gain certification.
Delegates will be requested to complete a gap task activity.