22/23 Excellent fieldwork in your primary schoolBook Now
|Start Date and Time||Thursday 17 November 1:30 pm|
|End Date and Time||Thursday 17 November 4:00 pm|
|Location||University Centre Shrewsbury|
|Subscriber Credit Cost||1.50|
|PAYG Credit Cost||2.00|
This course, aimed at primary teachers and Geography subject leaders, offers an introduction to the main things you will need to think about when organising and implementing outstanding fieldwork across your school.
It begins with an introduction to curriculum and Ofsted expectations and expert guidance, before moving on to trying out some practical ‘taster’ activities for different age and phase groups … most of which can be carried out in the school grounds and local area.
There will also be an opportunity to review quality resourcing and to receive specialist planning support.
- Understand the expectations and rationale for fieldwork in the primary Geography curriculum
- Be familiar with Ofsted expectations and national expert advice relating to fieldwork
- Consider how fieldwork can be embedded and sequenced across the school
- Explore practical fieldwork activities across the primary phases
- Be aware of support and resourcing for outstanding fieldwork
- Review fieldwork opportunities within their own school’s long and medium term planning