22/23 Managing English as an Additional Language in Early Years Settings (Delivery Partner: T&W Multicultural Development Team)Book Now
|Start Date and Time||Monday 27 March 1:00 pm|
|End Date and Time||Monday 27 March 3:45 pm|
|Subscriber Credit Cost|
|PAYG Credit Cost|
The course is aimed at staff with overall responsibility for EAL learners in Early Years settings.
Delegates will be provided with an audit tool that can be used in their own settings, together with sample EAL/ language policies.
The course will cover:
- an overview of good practice in EAL provision
- assessment of EAL learners through gathering information on skills in first language and monitoring progress in English language acquisition
- the use of the monitoring process to identify targets and next steps in language learning
To booka place, please email email@example.com and include course title, date and time.
T&W will invoice schools direct, however, should you wish to use credits, please contact CPD@UCS administration on 01743 297168 and we will make the booking on your behalf (credit cost 2.5)
Delegates will be able to:
- carry out an audit of their own settings EAL provision
- develop an appropriate EAL/ language policy for their setting
- gather and record appropriate information about their EAL learners
- gather information on their EAL learners skills in home language
- monitor EAL learners progress in English language acquisition using the NASSEA EAL Assessment Framework
- use this information to feed into the EYFS assessment process