22/23 Working scientifically - purposeful, practical science encouraging enquiry and increasing understandingBook Now
|Start Date and Time||Wednesday 30 November 1:00 pm|
|End Date and Time||Wednesday 30 November 4:00 pm|
|Subscriber Credit Cost||1.50|
|PAYG Credit Cost||2.00|
How do we ensure that all practical work leads to good learning opportunities?
Children are often able to recount the magic moments of practical science lessons but are not able to explain the concepts that have been explored.
This session examines when, how and why practical work should be used to encourage children to think and work scientifically using practical science activities to develop their scientific skills and understanding.
· To know when and how to make good use of practical work to enhance learning in science
· To develop an effective understanding of the content of the working scientifically aspect of the National Curriculum
· To identify the features of progression within working scientifically
· To notice ways in which teachers can move children forward in the development of their working scientifically skills.
· To leave with a host of practical ideas and activities matched to the current national curriculum for primary science.