22/23 Governor/Trustee (including newly appointed safeguarding links) Safeguarding and Child Protection TrainingBook Now
|Start Date and Time||Wednesday 25 January 6:00 pm|
|End Date and Time||Wednesday 25 January 8:00 pm|
|Subscriber Credit Cost||1.50|
|PAYG Credit Cost||2.00|
This training is for all Governors/Trustees and Newly appointed Safeguarding Link Governors/Trustees.
It will meet the requirements now in place because of Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSiE) 2022 to:
“equip them with the knowledge to provide strategic challenge to test and assure themselves that the safeguarding policies and procedures in place in schools and colleges are effective and support the delivery of a robust whole school approach to safeguarding.” (paragraph 81).
By the end of this session, Governors will be able to:
· Recognise what safeguarding and child protection is.
· Recognise the main categories of child abuse and those that are a local focus for priority.
· Provide an overview of the Shropshire Safeguarding Community Partnership (SSCP) arrangements and the role of schools within this arrangement.
· Be clear about the governing body’s statutory role for child protection and safeguarding.
· Be clear about what safeguarding and child protection in schools should look like and the governing body’s role in ensuring effective safeguarding arrangements in your school.