22/23 Retrieval Practice ConferenceBook Now
|Start Date and Time||Friday 3 February 8:45 am|
|End Date and Time||Friday 3 February 12:30 pm|
|Location||Shrewsbury Town Football Club|
|Subscriber Credit Cost||1.50|
|PAYG Credit Cost||1.50|
Retrieval practice in schools
A fantastic opportunity for school leaders and staff of all Shropshire schools to attend a face to face event, network with colleagues and hear and explore approaches to retrieval practice.
Delivery of a good curriculum to allow pupils to retain and recall information requires effective retrieval practice. We are challenged to ensure that pupils know more and remember more.
Kate Jones is the author of a number of books including ‘Retrieval Practice Primary: A guide for teachers and leaders’.
Kate’s keynote speech will focus on sharing evidence and practical strategies for retrieval practice across the curriculum and will be supplemented by:
- a session from a Shropshire primary school that covers how they have increased their focus on retrieval practice including what’s worked well and what the challenges have been
The session is aimed at Heads, senior leaders, curriculum leaders and teachers. The session will be suitable for primary and secondary schools.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of retrieval practice
- Reflect on their own school’s approach
- Understand how different schools have successfully implemented retrieval practice
- Have the opportunity to network with colleagues and share experiences