22/23 Schools Newly Appointed Designated Safeguarding Lead Training over 4 modules (05.06.23, 13.06.23, 19.06.23 and 27.06.23)Book Now
Safeguarding and Child Protection
|Start Date and Time||Monday 5 June 9:30 am|
|End Date and Time||Monday 5 June 12:00 pm|
|Subscriber Credit Cost||4.50|
|PAYG Credit Cost||6.00|
This training course is suitable for those wanting the role of *Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL). (*Please note that the DSL must be in a senior management position).
The course comprises of 4 x 2.5 hours virtual sessions with the following objectives:
- Explore the role of a School’s Designated Safeguarding Lead as outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022.
- Provide an overview of the local safeguarding arrangements including:
- Partnership arrangements including focusing on priority areas.
- Processes and Procedures (including Thresholds of need and support) and the role of schools.
- Increase understanding of the factors that can increase the risk of harm to children and families.
- Consider how to ensure safeguarding arrangements are effective in your school.
To gain full certification; all sessions must be attended for the full duration and a gap task must be completed.