22/23 CPI Safety Intervention Foundation Refresher Training (Formerly MAPA)Book Now
|Start Date and Time||Friday 31 March 1:30 pm|
|End Date and Time||Friday 31 March 5:00 pm|
Kirsty Hardwick - Crisis Prevention Institute
|Location||University Centre Shrewsbury|
|Subscriber Credit Cost|
|PAYG Credit Cost|
Equipping schools and colleges with the skills and confidence to recognise and respond to and even prevent disruptive behaviours is the key to a truly coordinated culture change initiative with a focus upon prevention and de-escalation.
This training incorporates trauma-informed and person-centred approaches. The focus is on prevention and/or intervention to higher risk situations. This includes breaking up fights, leading or guiding away from dangerous situations as well as other interventions required in the interest of student and staff safety. Focus on de-escalation skills, non-restrictive and restrictive interventions.
The programme is the perfect solution for professionals working in education who need to prevent and/or intervene in crisis situations. CPI Safety Intervention Foundation Training is RRN certificated training curricula.
- Identify and know how to respond to various levels of crisis behaviours.
- Recognise how to manage your own consistent, calm behaviour in order to influence a positive outcome in a crisis situation.
- Learn strategies to strengthen non-verbal communication.
- Develop limit-setting strategies when verbally intervening to de-escalate defensive behaviours.
- Learn safety intervention strategies to maximise safety and minimise harm.
- Explore the Decision-Making Matrix when assessing Risk Behaviour.
- Demonstrate and practise non-restrictive and restrictive interventions that are consistent with a set of physiological principles.
- Explore a framework to help guide staff and the individuals in distress through a process of re-establishing the relationship.