23/24 Enjoy the challenge of the Chair in three parts (24.10.23) (28.11.23) Spring Term TBCBook Now
|Start Date and Time||Tuesday 24 October 5:30 pm|
|End Date and Time||Tuesday 24 October 7:30 pm|
|Subscriber Credit Cost||3.00|
|PAYG Credit Cost||4.00|
Purpose: To support and develop Chairs of governing bodies, in order to enable them to carry out their role to maximize the impact and effectiveness of governance.
1. Ensuring a sustained focus on strategic matters (whilst managing an appropriate level of operational discussion). This recognizes that periodically governors will discuss operational issues, but that their main role centres around the strategic direction of the school.
2. Supporting the headteacher and governors through appropriate paperwork for governors’ meeting and school improvement.
3. Engagement with stakeholders – methodology and managing expectations.
4. The expectations of an inspection and how best to prepare.
5. Self-evaluation for governors through an impact statement and the delivery of a training plan.
6. Succession planning, for governors and the Chair.