23/24 Early Years Newly Appointed Designated Safeguarding Lead Training (21.02.24 online, 28.02.24 online & 06.03.24 F2F)Book Now
|Start Date and Time||Wednesday 21 February 9:30 am|
|End Date and Time||Wednesday 21 February 11:30 am|
|Subscriber Credit Cost|
|PAYG Credit Cost|
This training course is suitable for those wanting the role of *Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL). (*Please note that the DSL must be in a senior management position).
Before completion of this course delegates must have completed Raising Awareness level child safeguarding training within the last 3 years.
The course comprises of 2 x 2 hours virtual sessions and 1 x 3.5 hour (1/2 day) face to face session with the following objectives:
· Explore the role of a School’s Designated Safeguarding Lead as outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023.
· Consider how to ensure safeguarding arrangements are effective in your school.
· Provide an overview of the local safeguarding arrangements including:
· Partnership arrangements including focusing on priority areas.
· Processes and Procedures (including Thresholds of need and support) and the role of schools.
· Provide an opportunity to consider and practice applying child safeguarding knowledge and processes.
To gain full certification; all sessions must be attended for the full duration and a gap task must be completed before the final session.