23/24 Equality & Diversity: Meeting the OFSTED requirements of teaching of protected characteristicsBook Now
EAL Equality and Diversity
|Start Date and Time
|Tuesday 19 March 1:15 pm
|End Date and Time
|Tuesday 19 March 4:00 pm
|Subscriber Credit Cost
|PAYG Credit Cost
|This course will: a)provide an understanding of the protected characteristics and their links to the key OFSTED and National legislation. B) consider why issues around equality and diversity need to be central to the ethos of a school and explore the guidelines relating to equality and diversity in schools. c) Promote understanding of teachers'roles and responsibilities in relation to teaching of protected characteristics and the expectation to teach and promote British Values within the whole school curriculum. d) Support senior leaders to effectively asses and audit provision to meet OFSTED expectations.
• how inspectors will gather evidence on the promotion of equality and pupils’ understanding of the protected characteristics.
• the protected characteristics
• practical ways to meet all schools' duties eliminate discrimination, promote equality of opportunity and foster good relation between pupils as outlined in key legislations
• how embedding equalities and diversity in the school can support all children's social, moral, spiritual and cultural development and prepare them for life in modern Britain
• how assessment tools and links to curriculum provision for year groups can form part of wider approach to equality and diversity
• embedding British Values within individual schools